- Medical Simulation
- Contact Us
MEMORANDUM FOR THE MILITARY HEALTH SYSTEM
SUBJECT: MHSRS/ATACCC 2012 Call for Abstracts
1. Please share this Call for Abstracts/Call for Papers with your research colleagues.
2. The 2012 Military Health System Research Symposium will be held 13-16 August 2012 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The primary theme of the conference is "Military medical research across the continuum of care." We are now soliciting abstracts for both oral podium and poster presentations reporting on completed and in-progress research, evidence-based performance improvement projects, and clinical innovations.
We are especially interested in receiving abstracts showcasing research advancing the following topics, but other abstracts of military interest will be considered. Abstracts should reflect contemporary research conducted since 2008.
* Combat casualty care
* Military operational medicine
* Prosthetics and regenerative medicine
* Clinical skills sustainment and medical simulation training
* Healthcare informatics and medical systems support
* Care in extreme environments
* Neurocognitive and physical rehabilitation
* Pain management
* Biomechanical analysis and injury prevention
* Force health protection and public health
* Combat stress, post-traumatic stress disorder and mental health sequelae
* Traumatic brain (mild and severe) and spinal cord injury
* Human health and performance enhancement
* Care in catastrophes and disasters
3. Abstracts will be evaluated for either oral podium (plenary or breakout session) or poster session presentation. Instructions for abstract and manuscript submission and scoring guidelines for all abstract categories are included in the Enclosure packet. Submissions should be sent electronically to: Catherine Toms, firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACTS MUST BE RECEIVED NLT 30 APRIL 2012 AND MANUSCRIPTS MUST BE RECEIVED NLT 31 JULY 2012.
4. Oral presentations will be 10 minutes in duration followed by 3-4 minutes for discussion following the presentation. Poster session presentations will include a 3 minute oral presentation during scheduled "Poster Rounds" to a designated group of reviewers.
5. Presenters currently in training or within five years of completing formal academic training are eligible to present their work in the "Young Investigators' Forum" if not selected for a plenary or breakout session presentation. Please indicate eligibility for this Forum on the Abstract Cover Page (Enclosure 4). The best presentation in this forum will be recognized at the Evening Reception on 13 August 2012. Additionally, the top three poster session presentations will be recognized at the opening of the Plenary Session on 16 August 2012.
6. The POC for this Call for Abstracts/Call for Papers is Catherine Toms; email: email@example.com, ph: 301-619-7305, DSN 343-7305.